mercoledì 2 novembre 2011

We don't really celebrate Halloween in Italy...

...but my family had these cute wax pumpkins lit up on the balcony for a few nights till All Saints! These are items sold at my father's shop, where I'm currently working, and last week we dressed a whole window with big and small pumpkins, together with orange and black candles and various items. Customers really liked it and we received a lot of compliments :))  Below a not-so-horrible picture I managed to take of it :)
So, we don't officially celebrate Halloween, but we have a holiday on the 1st November. That meant a longer weekend for a lot of workers, with no work on Monday, and so I decided to invite a friend of mine over for dinner (omelettes) and a movie. My mom even thought of setting up the table with orange paper napkins for a Halloween mood ^^.
It's been such a long time since I last spent a night watching horror movies with my friends, but this one in particular unfortunately doesn't like scary movies and we only ended up chatting and watching a romantic thriller with Matt Damon, The Adjustment Bureau.
Indeed, I didn't spend an eccentric night, but I still really enjoyed myself! 
Who else loves movie nights? :D

4 commenti:

  1. Halloween's only just catching on in France too but I was back in the UK so we had lots of fun celebrating!
    Emma xxx
    http://www.gawgusthings.com
    @gawgusthings

    RispondiElimina
  2. hello and thanks for your comment!
    In Greece we don't celebrate Halloween too!
    I'm your newest follower!
    If you want follow me back!
    xxx Miss Starshiny

    RispondiElimina
  3. Hello! i've just become a follower of your blog cause it's really cute and I love it! :-) If you want to have a look at my blog, here's the link: http://misslittlesnail.blogspot.com/

    RispondiElimina
  4. I love Halloween :)
    awesome post!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    RispondiElimina